About a month ago, Dayton developed a daily desire to play computer games. He gets to play on a computer at school, and has become very skilled at moving the mouse and clicking! So now he's allowed to play at home, too. I either put the browser on nickjr.com or pbskids.com; Derrick taught Dayton how to go to the games section of the sites, so Dayton can completely navigate the sites and games by himself. He'll play for a few hours if he's not interrupted! I love hearing him giggle every now and then when a game amuses him.

Potty-training Update
I'm proud to say that after more than a year of VERY CASUAL potty-training, about two months ago something seemed to 'click' for Dayton's body, and now he tells us whenever he needs to use the potty. He spends all day without a diaper... with 2 exceptions.
1) He wears a diaper when he's sleeping, because the diaper is wet when he wakes up.
2) He wears a diaper anytime we leave the house, even though his diaper is ALWAYS dry (we wouldn't want another Walmart shopping cart incident). I don't want to be too confident again, but maybe I'll start letting him go commando after a few more months of dedication.
We're so proud of our big boy and the amazing progress he made all on his own. I'd like to thank my cousin Heidi for her wonderful advice over and over and over!
Spiritual
I've been trying to be spiritual with Dayton (ie talking more about Jesus and Church-related items). He has some wonderful things to say:
I mentioned Jesus, and asked Dayton who Jesus is. Dayton replied, "He's my friend."
Then we talked about the Temple. I told Dayton that Mommy and Daddy were married in the Temple; then I asked him if he wants to be married in the temple. He said, "Yeah, I'm going to be married in the temple next week."
A few days later, Daddy went to the Temple with our Ward's Young Men, and when I told Dayton that Daddy was at the Temple, Dayton said, "Oh, is he getting married?"
We've been watching Finding Faith in Christ a lot lately (per my kids' request!), and we're taking the opportunity to teach Dayton more about Jesus' miracles. Dayton now says that everything Jesus does is a miracle (making sick people feel better, being baptized, walking on water, making the rain stop, etc). At the end of the movie, Jesus is crucified on the cross, while his loving followers cry at his feet.Dayton asked me, "What's happening?"
I told him, "Jesus is dying because they hurt him too bad."
Then he asked me, "Why are they crying?"
I explained, "They're crying because Jesus is dying, and they love him. Do you love Jesus?"
Dayton thoughtfully responded, "Yeah, I love Jesus. I'm sad because Jesus is dying and that makes me said when Jesus dies."
Who Uses Film Anymore?!
Dayton got a hold of a VERY OLD film container from somewhere in our office, and he sure had fun with it (for about 20 seconds).



Home Photo Shoot- Again
This time Daddy was the photographer, but Dayton was the same goofy subject.







3 comments:
That's my boy! What a stud.
I really enjoy your regular updates on the kids. Dayton is sure growing up, too fast. When I took him to the library he spent about an hour on the computer but he needed a lot of help with the mouse. Daphne won't be far behind. Glad to hear about the potty training.
HA HA HA HA
Thank you for chronicling my potty training advice. We were just discussing this at Bunco on Friday night. Was it or was it not excellent advice??? : )
Post a Comment