Friday, November 20, 2009

The Shedd Aquarium

Last week we drove an hour into downtown Chicago in order to visit the Shedd Aquarium on a FREE admission day! (Come on, I know you didn't think I'd spend money on a fun activity.) We visited with 3 other families and had a wonderful time. Our kids were pretty energetic, and spent most of their time running around.

Daddy & Daphne admiring some turtles and large fish
At least Daphne said "cheese!"
Dayton pointing to a fish for me
Andee, Daphne, & Dayton playing with a touch-screen
They had these by almost every tank, which
meant Dayton had to touch/play with all of them.
Andee started crawling on the ground,
so Susie & Daphne followed suit.

Too funny!
Daphne, Susie, & Dayton

One room had a play area for the kids.
It had a tent...
A stage with a kindling fire...
And a rowboat!


Some of the fun sea creatures we saw:

GIANT Crabs
I should have had someone stand there for size comparison.Fancy Glowing Seahorses
These were my favorite at the aquarium;
the pictures don't do the seahorses justice.HUGE Turtle
Lizard
Blue Frogs
Yellow Frog
Fun fact: Frogs are my favorite animal.


Video of: a lizard, a sting ray, an anaconda, some eels, two giant crabs, and fancy seahorses.

4 comments:

Serena said...

I wish I could have been there! I love zoos and aquariums! And I didn't know you love frogs! I love fun facts!

Tara H said...

love the Shedd Aquarium, that is so cool!

Gary and Kirsten said...

I hope Dayton & Daphne can take us there sometime. I know, I can have them watch my dive videos!

Unknown said...

Once again I love your darling fam photo! Fall, Family, & Pumpkins: Perfect!