Derrick turned 28 this week!


Also on his birthday, his brother Alex got his mission call! He's going to Manaus Brazil at the end of February! We're so excited for him!
Then Friday night our friends took our kids for the ENTIRE evening so we could go on a date. We went to the Temple and out to dinner together (along with a few of my COUPON errands on the way home- Derrick was so lucky to get a glimpse of that!). We really enjoyed our date.
Derrick is truly wonderful. He serves me and the children to no end, and he never complains about it. He spends so much time working hard at school, but every spare minute is spent with his family. Our kids are so excited when he comes home every day; they instantly expect him to chase and tickle them. When the kids and I pulled into our garage the other day, Dayton excitedly said, "What's going to happen? Is Daddy going to tickle me?!" Daphne always greets Derrick at the back door, and then turns and runs away for him to get her. Even today when Derrick watched the kids so I could get some time away, he took them for a bike ride and also to the park. What an outstanding Dad!

5 comments:
Happy Birthday Derrick! Michelle - I couldn't have picked a better husband for you if I tried, and you know I tried. I hope you enjoy the week of and have lots if fun.
Happy Birthday Derrick! Derrick sounds like a wonderful father. It is so fun to see how much children admire and love their daddy's.
Happy Birthday Derrick!
Date nights are wonderful. Looking forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks.
The best part of Date night was cashing in on coupons. We got 30 tokens from Chucky-cheese & used two to race each other. Michelle let me win for my birthday. We then went to Target and bought 25 candles w/ refills for free & stole some coupons that were stuck to other products. Liven on the edge!
Happy late birthday Derrick!!!! It looks like you had a good one!
Post a Comment