Saturday, November 14, 2009

Daphne's Games

Water
A daily game for Daphne is "wawa" - water. She grabs any cup, spoon, bowl, or random toy and keeps herself happy playing in the sink. I have to leave a drip going from the bathroom faucet especially for her. She climbs up on the little stool and can barely reach the water, but she manages. She is so patient as she stands there waiting for a sufficient amount of drips to be captured. If she fills something with water, then she either drinks it or attempts to carry it around and eventually spills it all over the carpet (I step in so many wet spots, but I'm relieved to know EXACTLY what they are). Whenever empty, she'll return for more. If it's a toy that she's simply getting wet, then she'll sip the drips off. Either way, she is ENTIRELY entertained and we are all happy.
Note: The bandaids on her arms are not covering wounds;
she spent a week or two constantly wanting a Spongebob
bandaid on one arm, and a Dora bandaid on the other.
They stay on much better than stickers!


Climbing
This girl is a major climber, way more than her brother was or is. She climbs into the dryer when she's supposed to be helping mommy pull the clothes out (I recently learned HER FATHER TAUGHT HER THIS). When I open the fridge for her to grab her sippy cup, she often chooses to climb all the way in. Maybe she just wants a better view since she is vertically-challenged like her mama.

Balls
She has these little fuzzy, craft balls that I had leftover from a Halloween project. She totes them around in containers, or her purse, or her pocket, or her hand. She loves transporting them one at a time from one holder to another. She carries them in the car with her, and I don't know how many we've lost down in the cracks of her carseat. Derrick and I are so amused when we find a little bunch of Daphne's balls laying on the floor in our bedroom-it makes us smile and laugh thinking of cute Daphne and her silly game.

Dress
Daphne absolutely INSISTS on picking out her own clothes lately. She throws huge tantrums if we try to force clothes on her, and since she's skilled enough to take off whatever we put on, she won't rest until she's wearing whatever she wants. She calls all of her clothes "dress," and 90% of the time she chooses dresses out of her drawer, which look fabulous on her, but Mommy wants her in long sleeves and pants for the cooler weather! She also enjoys playing dress-up in Dayton and Daddy's clothes. Here she's wearing Derrick's t-shirt (which she wanted to wear because of course she recognized the character).
We adore all of Daphne's cute games.

4 comments:

Gary and Kirsten said...

Is that Softsoap I see in your bathroom? I am guessing you got the bandaids for FREE.
You and Jenny used to sit on the bathroom counter and play with the water and watching yourselves in the mirror. All 3 of you also had to pick out your own clothes. The teachers could always tell which outfits I picked out and which ones you picked out. YOURS DIDN'T MATCH!
Michelle you had a ducky purse that you carried all kinds of goodies around in. I remember writing about it in one of my college writing assignments.

Derrick M said...

I'm so proud of my little girl! She is so clever.

April said...

First, Susie LOVES playing with water from our bathroom sink too. Unfortunately, she can turn it on and off... so, our bathroom floor can end up pretty soaked!
Second, I have found those fuzzy balls around my house, left by Daphne of course... on the floor, in Susie's toy purse, and (my favorite) in our wipes container!
Last, but not least, is that REALLY Derricks t-shirt?! If so, I would love to see him wear it! ...snicker, snicker! :)

Laurel said...

LOL. I love the climging in the fridge pics. So cute. Babybook worthy.