Thursday, January 8, 2009

Goals for my Mom's Visit

Kirsten's goals while visiting the McKays:
(chosen by Michelle)

My mom is such a good sport and has actually been working on these goals everyday. I love it when she does my parenting for me!


1. Teach Daphne to crawl
Daphne's 9 months and wanting to crawl, but lacking the strength and coordination. Dayton took a very long time to crawl, so I'm not worried. Their bodies just develop slowly, I guess.

2. Potty train Dayton
She spends time with Dayton on the potty several times a day. They just sit in the bathroom and she gives him her cell phone to play games and listen to music; she patiently waits until Dayton proclaims that he is all done. He did pee one night when he was on his little potty, but he wasn't tucked in, so it got on the floor, and this upset him. We all cheered and he was just pointing to the floor and telling us there was a mess. We haven't gotten anything out since then.

Dayton and Nana playing in the bathroom

Dayton passing time with Nana's cell phone


Daphne Laughing
This little girl doesn't really laugh or giggle or squeal much for us. So the other day when we played with her and she started laughing, we grabbed the camera quickly enough to catch it on tape. Derrick was helping Daphne dance, and I was doing a cheerleading jump (behind the camera, thank goodness) which she loved. Jenny and Laura- who knew a star jump would have so many uses?

4 comments:

The Rinkels said...

Oh do I have Potty training advice for you. Boys are much harder than girls. Be prepared to spend a great deal of time in the bathroom. I think it you added up all the time we spent in there with Kohen trying to convince him to go it would be in weeks. We tried the sitting down plan - but he resisted and wouldn't cooperate until we let him stand up. It took until he was 3 years and 8 months old. Now I know why men leave the seat up....their mom's never made them put it down because they were just so happy they finally peed in the first place. Have fun and good luck!

Lindsay said...

Wow...your mom is a trooper. How fun to have her help!

Anonymous said...

A baby's laughter is so precious =) Good luck with potty training!

Serena said...

NEW POST, NEW POST, NEW POST. I'm chanting to hear more about your life. I'll make up a cheer soon. I'm desperate.