Friday, January 9, 2009

Library Outing

I don't read much, so I've only been to a library once or twice that I can ever remember. My friends out here enjoy taking their kids to the local libraries, so I thought I'd jump on the band-wagon. We went to the Waukegan Public Library yesterday.

As it turns out, the trip was worth my time. We had so much fun!

The library has a large selection of children's books, but even better for my little children was the Early Learning Center in the basement, which has only been open for 2 months. It has all sorts of activities for the kids to play and learn, including a sound wave demonstration, a giant calculator for learning math, computers for the kids to play learning games, and much more.

Here are our fun pictures from the trip. We went with our friends, the Whitings and the Simonsons.

Nana reading to Dayton

I love this picture of Dayton actively listening to the story

Nana and Dayton doing a puppet show
He loved the dragon on top of the stage.

Dayton backstage at the puppet show

The kids doing a puppet show together Dayton, Susie, and Paisley
(so hard to get a picture of 3 kids by the way;
as you can see, NONE of them are looking)

April reading to Susie
(possibly a book in Spanish because that's what Susie kept grabbing)

Chrisanna "playing" with a motion-sensing game
This woman is the Coupon/Money-Saving Queen. She has
taught me her ways, and saved me hundreds of dollars already.
Thank you, thank you!

Paisley dancing at the ballet bar

Kids playing in the kitchen
Susie, Paisley, and Dayton

Dayton and Paisley fishing for numbers

Daphne playing in a baby zone
She LOVED this toy for about 20 minutes!

Daphne playing in the mirror

Thanks friends for dragging me out to the library. I think we can squeeze this fun adventure in more often from now on. Dayton had a blast and has been talking about it nonstop since we went.

8 comments:

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

Cutie Putootie! I love the picture of Daphne looking in the mirror.

I dislike the one that showcases me being a big kid idiot. In my defense that ball thing is awesome. :o) Besides the kids can't reach the highest sensors to enjoy it.

The Rinkels said...

We love the library. Ours had story time for pre-K kids and we always went to that. Also, in the summer they host tons of fun events in the park. That's in addition to new books every week. I get bored reading the same ones every day.

Unknown said...

Libraries are great for kids! I wish we had a library like yours!

Lindsay said...

How fun!! I love the library. Yours looks much cooler than ours!

Serena said...

I love the library. I would probably love it even more with you. Everything is better with Michelle.

April said...

We're ready when you are! If I want to check any books out, I'll need to remember to bring something to prove that I live in Illinios, though. My Utah drivers licence didn't work... which I understand. But, my already exsisting North Chicago Library card?! Come on!

DREW and MICHELLE said...

Sounds like you guys had so much fun! Desiree and I love the library...the best part is that it is FREE!

I also liked your other posts and the video of Daphne is adorable!

If your Mom ever wants to accomplish anything else...she can have free reign here! :0] Mom's are the BEST!

Lindsy Hartsock said...

i finally got the Rudolf video to upload...it's on our blog :)