We've kept the kids inside away from the snow and cold for a few months now. Derrick decided to take Dayton out to play in the snow. Dayton enjoyed himself, but he came back with his face and hands freezing, so I may not let him go play again!

Alladin
My mom, Dayton, and I went to the play Alladin. Dayton did better than we expected. The songs captivated him the most. The characters all did a wonderful job.
My mom and I worked on Daphne's birthday quilt. I say "worked on" because we did NOT complete it, even though Daphne's 1st birthday is 2 months away.

Pictures with Nana
I wanted to get pictures of my mom with her grandkids, but Dayton didn't want his picture taken.
Nana and Daphne
Dayton taking a picture of Nana and Daphne
(his camera is our old, broken one)
(his camera is our old, broken one)

Things I miss from when my mom was here
-She let me sleep an extra hour (or two) every morning
-She did my dishes
-She did my laundry
-She vacuumed (which I rarely do)
-She exercised with me
-She watched the kids while I ran errands, or she ran errands with me
-She was someone I could talk to all day long while Derrick's at school
-She enabled me to care for both of my children at once with her two loving arms (this is really a HUGE help for me because normally one of my children sits there crying while I perform a needed task for the other child, like feeding or washing hands)
-She's a wonderful mother! Come back!
Jump and Go
We pulled out one of Dayton's favorite toys as a baby for Daphne- our Jump and Go! She was so lively and bouncy in it that I think we could have pulled it out a few months sooner. Well at least she weighs less than Dayton did so she'll get to enjoy it a lot longer (it hangs on the door frame, so a weight-limit applies).
Jumping Daphne

Jumping Video
Watch until the end because later she was VERY drowsy
while jumping- too cute!
Watch until the end because later she was VERY drowsy
while jumping- too cute!
Hide and Seek with Dayton again
Dayton's last hide and seek video was such a hit that I thought I'd post another one. This time he's the seeker, so it's not as funny as when he hides and tells us where to find him. He only counts to six, and he counts quickly, so my hiding places aren't very crafty.
Dayton's last hide and seek video was such a hit that I thought I'd post another one. This time he's the seeker, so it's not as funny as when he hides and tells us where to find him. He only counts to six, and he counts quickly, so my hiding places aren't very crafty.
Currently We Are
Sick and miserable. I'm thinking that the bigger our family gets, the more susceptible we are to illnesses (ie more bodies to breathe in the germs). We're on our 2nd bad cold, and we still have many months left of our first Chicago winter. And when one person gets it, WE ALL GET IT.


14 comments:
I'm sorry you're sick! You're right that it seems the larger the family gets the more they introduce germs. I am always saying, "Wash your hands!" to everyone, which I think helps.
Daphne is so cute - the ending where she's so sleepy is adorable. Karissa was watching the video of Daphne with me and said, "I want to see that baby!"
I must agree your mom is wonderful; you're very lucky to have her, even if you have to give her back after only a couple weeks.
For those of you who can't see Michelle, she really is sick- not faking it ;o) I talked to her on the phone and she sounds miserable.
Michelle- you have my permission to take a nap!
I always love your videos. I especially loved the one of Daphne putting herself to sleep in the bouncer. Too cute. Dayton is so good at hide and seek. What a smart little boy. I'm sorry you miss your mom. Hopefully she will come back soon :) I also hope you all get over you sickness soon, not fun!
Being sick is no good. Bummer. Um, you could send your mom here if she wants to let me sleep in, vacuum my house do the dishes and hold the kid. You're one luck momma.
Sorry you are sick...I don't think it's fair that you get sick when your cute mom is gone. I hope you get some rest and lots of OJ and water!
p.s. I love the birthday quilt for Daphne!
It was so nice of Dayton to share his cold with Nana too! I thought I wasn't going to get it, but a couple of days after I got home it hit me. You have no idea how much I miss being in Chicago with your wonderful family. Derrick & Michelle are fabulous parents, they are great at working together. Dayton and Daphne are absolutely adorable and anytime you need someone to watch them just holler. You forgot to mention that I had to sleep on a mattress on the floor and how Dayton would wake me up in the morning saying "ada" (All done sleeping) and "Nana get up"! (no interpretation needed)
Your mom is such a sweet lady! I loved the video of Daphne jumping - it was too cute =] It's nice to see how your little family is growing! We're sick here as well. Joey & Kennady are still fighting colds. Take care of yourselves!! =]
Hey Michelle!!! I am so excited to see your blog and your beautiful family. I caught up with Jenny over the weekend at Lindsey's wedding and she gave me your blog address. So fun! I am excited to keep up on your family and lives. You look very blessed and happy. You will have to check out our blog. Take care!
I wish I could see Alladin!!! I'm jealous. And sucky to be sick...
Don't act like your mom isn't going to book another ticket (or already has) for 2 months from now.
Love you guys!
Oh Michelle! What a glorious life you are leading! I would love to have your address. jones.marcie@gmail.com
Love all of your pics & videos! You have one fabulous Mom!!! Daphne is adorable! The songs always make a play great:)
You guys have such fun things to share! Jaxon enjoyed watching the videos of Daphne, they made him excited :) Tell derrick he needs to wash his hands more, it is proven somewhere that students bring home the germs, kindergarteners are the worse :) When I was sub-ing I sanitized my hands non stop, they were so dry but we stayed healthy. That sucks though! Your mommy needs to come back and take care of you :)Its amazing how much moms do...are we going to be like that someday? :)
Those pictures were cute-as always. It sounds like you had such a great visit with your mom. No wonder you miss her so much. Some days (just a few) I wish we had snow to play in. Most days I smile as I wear my sandals in January :). Come visit us in Texas!
Oh, my! That is hilarious video of Daphne girl! She is so so cute-- love the determination to keep bouncing even though she's exhausted... so funny!
Post a Comment