Tuesday, February 3, 2009

You Know You're a Mom When...

...you find a surprise like this...


If you can't tell, that's a partially chewed piece of a Cheez-it cracker stuck in the top mouth of my water bottle. It originated in Daphne's mouth and decided to rest here after mommy shared her water with the poor, begging little girl. This isn't the first time food remains have been passed with a beverage.

In case you're wondering, I picked it out with a toothpick and DID NOT eat it, but I did continue to drink from the water bottle afterward. Yes, moms deal with gross things like this.

I remember YEARS ago, we came out to Chicago and went to a carnival with Greer, Erica, and Mia. Erica (much younger) was eating, and then drinking pop through a straw from a clear plastic cup. I easily noticed the floaties she was leaving behind in the cup, which grossed me out. But then, GREER DRANK FROM THE CUP, TOO! I was shocked and horrified. She said I would understand someday when I was a mom... I do.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

So true. How often do we eat things that have already been in their mouths! We are disgusting!

Gary and Kirsten said...

I remember the day you saw the floaties in the pop and I thought you were going to throw up. I also remember when Derrick wouldn't drink out of a cup that Dayton had used. How bad can a piece of Cheez-It be when it came from Daphne?

Derrick M said...

What is Daphne doing eating a cheez-it already? Man... I need to be home more.

Unknown said...

Too true! Derrick, i enjoy reading your comments as much as Michelle's posts :)

Serena said...

haha to Derrick's comment. And I'll let you know when I'm not grossed out by it.