Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

We celebrated this lover's holiday last weekend. Our dear friends watched our children so we could go out for a nice dinner together (REALLY thank you guys). We went to a steak restaurant with NO TV's playing sports games, so we actually TALKED the entire time. We expressed our appreciation for everything that we do for each other. Derrick's enduring grueling school so he can someday provide for his family; I'm enduring single parenting while he's in school. Our current relationship is still very much in love with no plans of separation (because I always remind him that he can NEVER leave me). Afterall, we're together for eternity, which still delights me everyday. I don't deserve this incredible man, but I have him, so I'll keep him.

Engagement Picture June 2004

First Valentine's Day
Our first Valentine's Day together was 5 years ago. Derrick gave me a dozen purple roses (my favorite) with a box of Jelly Bellies (because they were all out of chocolates!). He took me to a dance at BYU. I was SO nervous about what to wear, because I wanted it to be perfect. After trying all of my dresses on, I ended up borrowing a dress from a friend down the hall from me. Here are the pictures!

V-Day Dance 2004

5 comments:

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

Cute cute! I think it should be mandatory for bloggers to do a v-day post.

I love your engagement photo.

I am so happy you guys got a hot date!

Derrick M said...

I actually gave you jelly bellies because I knew you didn't like chocolates. You know what I learned that day? That you don't care for jelly bellies.

I just couldn't win back then.
...wait, I still can't win.

Love ya babe! Thanks for the good post, and remember, you'll always have me forever!

Lindsay said...

Derrick,
I think you look H O T!!!

Ritchie

Serena said...

Love the old pictures! Good thing you guys still look as cute as ever!

Lindsay said...

So cute! I'm glad you got to get out of the house and do something FUN!