For the last 3 years, I have fallen into this blanket category. My Dayton pregnancy started January 2006, then I was nursing him for 10 months, then I was pregnant with Daphne, then I was nursing her for 10 months. It seemed that I would never have my body to myself again.

Well now I have officially broken free of this label! I stopped nursing Daphne last week, and I don't plan on being pregnant again any time soon. I can now take any medicine I want (typically cold or headache medicine) in whatever dose I want without worrying about its effects on my child. This feels absolutely LIBERATING! Maybe I should go sky-diving or do something crazy to celebrate?!
9 comments:
Congratulations!
I COMPLETELY know how you feel. Liberating is a great word for it. Now, go do something crazy...
Enough slacking off already. You've had your week off, its about time we make another baby! Daphne was just telling me last night that she wants to be a big sister.
Did I ever have the "talk" with you! Daphne will be a big sister but not until after Derrick graduates. You have at least until 2010 as you seem to do things in even years. Graduated HS in 2002, married 2004, Dayton 2006, Daphne and move to Chicago in 2008.
I know Derrick would go sky diving with you.
I look forward to that somewhere-in-time liberating day!
Well you can choose any medicine you want but true liberation will happen when you can afford any medicine you want.
Doesn't it feel great to do that? I didn't think I'd miss it, but when I was pregnany with Kennady, I got a really bad cold & couldn't really take anything. It's nice to be able to take whichever medicine you want =]
YAY!!!! What else can you eat that you weren't able to?
That's so funny--I can totally relate!! I did Ashley 13 mos. this time around and on Jan. 1st, my New Year's resolution was to quit the nursing that very day. Cabbage leaves and sippy cups were my BF's during the time.
Ha Ha! That's exactly how i felt after I finished nursing Max. It was so nice to have my body back. Your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment