
Twilight the Movie
Derrick and I saw Twilight last weekend; my mom watched the kids so we could have our first date in a REALLY long time. We both really enjoyed the movie. We each had some things we would have changed about the movie, but overall it was done well.
I went into the movie thinking they had chosen the wrong Edward actor, but even though I don't find the actor attractive, he played Edward's part and mannerisms so well that he won me over (or maybe it was just Edward's dreamy lines). We both didn't like the actress who played Bella; we thought she needed to be more passionately in love with Edward, or at least show it better. Other characters fit their descriptions from the book well. Except I don't remember Bella's friends at school being so many different races, but I thought this was funny instead of annoying. We loved the actors for Charlie, James, and the Cullens. We also thought the stand-off at the baseball field looked a little cheesy. With all this said, I still want to buy the movie when it's out and I can't wait for the rest of this epic story to be depicted in film. I loved it!
This was my first time reading a book and seeing the movie in combination (ever) so I am just now realizing how much of the book gets left out of the movie. So many fun things that I liked from the book weren't there, but they had to focus on plot development within the 2 hours. I can't even imagine how much must be left out of the Harry Potter movies now; I've seen all of them but I haven't read a single book. By the way, I ALWAYS just see movies because I'm not a reader.
6 comments:
I'm glad you liked it overall! I still want to see it. I didn't read the books, so maybe that's better!?
Michelle! Here we have been hounding Krista and April to read the Twilight series and we didn't even start on Mindy. tsk tsk.
Mindy, We are gonna start on you, we wore April down and we can do the same to you.
The Harry Potter books are really a must read. Read them and you won't be disappointed! They are 100 times better than the movies.
We saw the movie too and we weren't impressed....but at least the books were amazing!
I wasn't sure I'd like the movie, but I'm with you, overall it was great! I saw it twice :)...
ps...Ritchie thinks Derrick's a trooper because he wouldn't go with me!
Post a Comment