Poop-Streak
Derrick helped Dayton go potty the other day. Dayton peed on the potty, and then Derrick sat nakey-bum Dayton on his lap while Derrick helped put Dayton's shorts back on. He called me after leaving the house to tell me that Dayton had left a nice poop streak on Derrick's shorts! Derrick said his shorts were a color close enough to poop so that it wasn't too obvious. Derrick was calling to make sure I would wipe Dayton's bum and give him some clean pants. I laughed so hard!
Walmart
We did our grocery shopping at Walmart as a family. I made Dayton pee on the potty just before we left in order to avoid any accidents; I did not put a diaper on him.
At the store, Derrick had Daphne in one cart, and I had Dayton in another. We were browsing for cereal when Derrick anxiously told me, "Dayton just went pee!" I looked over to see a large puddle in front of my shopping cart! Dayton didn't even say a word, but pee was dripping down my cart.
I began to laugh uncontrollably- I couldn't stop. Derrick became even more anxious; he urged me to go around the corner to another aisle to continue my laughter. I protested that we still needed more cereal, but Derrick was insistent. I obeyed; he followed me as we left the aisle (and puddle). Dayton noticed my laughter (how could he not?) and then told me about how silly and funny it was that he peed on the floor; I wanted to be stern and tell him that it was a bad thing, but I couldn't keep a straight face. About 10 minutes later, Derrick returned to the cereal aisle to grab our remaining box of cereal; he reported to me that the puddle was still there, and that it had been smeared around by other shoppers passing over it. I continued laughing for the duration of our shopping trip, car ride home, and while getting the kids ready for bed that night.I'm so glad that we were the only ones in the aisle at that time, and that I was not standing at the cart when Dayton relieved himself.
You're probably thinking: Why didn't I clean up the mess? My answer: My diaper bag (and all of its mess-cleaning contents) was in the van. It would have been embarrassing to find an employee to clean up the pee (although I realize this is what I should have done). I didn't know what else to do, so I fled the scene of the accident. Please don't think I'm a horrible person.
My apologies to Walmart, to its employees (yes, sorry Joey), and to its customers (which I'm sure includes all of my readers).
Let this be a lesson to you: Never trust the cleanliness of grocery stores or their carts. Some terrible people allow their children to pee freely in these places. You know those little disinfecting wipes stands that you occassionally find in stores? Use them.
Lesson for me: I'm getting ahead of myself with this 'no-diaper' method. I think the method can only be applied safely at home, and Dayton is not as advanced of a potty-goer as I thought he was. Also, my diaper bag should always be within reach.
Note: Derrick told me not to put this on the blog in case the 'powers that be' at Walmart find out.
Dayton Quote: When Dayton woke up from a nap (with a diaper on of course), he said:
"Just leave my pee. It's very stinky. So, don't change my diaper. Yeah, it will go away... in my bum."
5 comments:
HA HA HA LOL!
That is one hilarious post. I can't say I envy you and your potty training adventures, but I can tell you that eventually, they do pee in the right places.
Oh Michelle, I laughed out loud seriously- Ryan asked me what are you laughing about?!
Those are the things I am not looking forward to in potty training Emma. As much as I want her potty trained- in public I feel so happy that diaper is on and that I dont have to worry yet while at the store of her having to go and then what do I do with Ava, etc... Ahh the joys of motherhood!!
You know this reminds me of a story we still laugh about with my Gramma- my uncle when he was little pooped in a store and she didnt know what to do- so she kicked it under some clothing racks and walked out!! We still tease her about it.
You are so funny Michelle!! I am laughing so hard right now. I don't think it's the worst thing that's happened at that Walmart! Good luck on the potty training!!
To bad we didn't have a camera, we could have gotten on peopleofwalmart.com. You should thank me for pushing you out of that isle Michelle, if I didn't you'd still be laughing right next to that puddle!
oh no! I think I would die if Jax peed at a store!...he'll probably be the kid who pulls his pants down and pees on a fake plant :) I wish you better luck as you proceed in the potty training quest. We are doing a gradual process with Jax 'cause he is interested but not quite ready for the whole deal.
Post a Comment