Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dayton Quotes

Inspired by Heidi's list of Kohen quotes, but these are funny things my son Dayton has said in the last few months.

When looking at my mom's large Navy ship go through the Panama Canal:
Me- "Dayton, can you see Nana?"
Dayton- "Yeah... and Grampa, and Allie, and Carly, and Murray. We're going to boat. We need a swimming suit!"

Dayton singing:
"Twinkle, twinkle little star
And Bingo was his name-o!"

Dayton pointing to Derrick's 4 day face stubble:
"Daddy you're dirty. You have germs on your face. Yucky."

In the tub, he had just laid down on his boat which had injured him, so he picked up the boat:
"Wait, boat, wait wait. Can you talk to me? Don't hurt me boat. Okay goodbye."
(What I loved about this was the calm, gentle voice he used conversing with this boat that had just wronged him. I try to remain calm and level-headed with my children when I'm frustrated or discipline is involved, even though sometimes I lose it. I'm so glad he didn't yell at the boat!)

I slipped into his room at night to put a blanket on him SILENTLY, and just as I did:
Dayton- "Thank you."
Me-"You're welcome."
Dayton- "I was starting to cry because I wanted a blanket."
Me-"Okay, I got one for you. Good night Dayton."
Dayton- "G'night Mommy. Go sleep with Daddy."
(This amused me because he was NOT crying, but fast asleep when I came in, and also because he often asks me to sleep with him, and I tell him I sleep with Daddy.)

One evening:
"It's getting dark out. That means it's time to go to bed. Yeah, in a few weeks."

After Church last week:
"Grampa, I'm going to see Jesus next week."

Random:
"Mommy you have poop coming out of your bum! You better go poop on the potty!"
(I did NOT have anything coming out of my bum; I was standing in the living room holding Daphne.)

Getting ready to go somewhere:
Me- "Dayton, first I need to go potty."
Dayton- "Okay Mommy, I will watch."

8 comments:

The Rinkels said...

LOL! That's hilarious. I love posting them on the blog becaused then you have a record of them.
So, so funny.

Amanda said...

Best post ever! I couldn't stop laughing. I can't wait to have two boys saying funny things. Thanks so much for sharing.

Gary and Kirsten said...

My favorite is when he has gone poop in his diaper and he comes to you and says "Mommy I went poop for you!"

April said...

Too funny! I love it. Kids say the Darndest things!

Serena said...

hahahahahahahahaha all these are so funny!

I especially love the boat one. I want to go boating too Dayton.

And you are SO patient and level headed with your kids. You are an amazing mom. Just look at how smart and funny they are already!

Kaili McKay said...

I love kid quotes! thank you for sharing they made me laugh :) Jaxon is starting to put funny things together too, it definitely makes the day a whole lot more interesting and I think they are the moments we moms need to make it through the day :)

Gretchen said...

Oh my goodness! Dayton seems to have the cutest and sweetest personality. I love how he calmly conversed with the boat to stop hurting him. Soooo adorable!

Heidi said...

Love it. Love the blankie story. Sounds like my house. Cute cute kid.