Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dayton's Preschool Graduation

Dayton's preschool held Graduation on Monday. Dayton is not 'graduating' to Kindergarten, but they included the whole class in the ceremony. They told Dayton that he's 'moving up' to next year's preschool. We LOVE his school and teachers.
Dayton was a bit of a grump during the ceremony
Video of Dayton singing (not really);
I love the fun songs that he gets to learn at school
Daphne behaved wonderfully!
She stood and watched the whole program
Dayton got a diploma-
a 'moving up' certificate for next year's preschool
Dayton, Mommy, and Daphne- sharing cakeDayton with his two closest friends: Paisley and Susie;
Paisley is starting Kindergarten in the fallThis picture of Dayton was hanging up in his classroom;
He always says that he wants to grow big like Daddy
Growth that we attribute to school: Dayton has become much better at writing letters and spelling his name; he also learned that his last name is McKay! He can count to 30 (we taught him thru 20). He makes friends easily and plays imaginative games. He has learned about plants and seeds, water, weather, transportation, police officers and firemen, sea life, and much more.

Now we have to be PATIENT waiting for preschool to start again in the fall!

3 comments:

Gary and Kirsten said...

I think you have a wonderful preschool with some great teachers. I love how he is always excited to go to school. He doesn't seem as shy meeting new kids.

April said...

"I like to grow even bigger"... I love it!
I'm so glad that you had brought snacks that Lennon could leach from! :) I don't think I would have gotten even one picture if you hadn't!
I miss preschool.....

Serena said...

He is so handsome!