The kids enjoyed picking up the candy tossed to them
Eating animal cookies from a generous float- score!
Daphne watching a float- her first parade!!
Dayton, Mommy, and Daphne
Dayton loved the "Army trucks"
But he didn't like the vehicles that made loud noises
Later we went to a dinner party at my parents' friend's house.
The kids loved making and chasing large bubbles
They also liked this airplane playground toy
Dayton told me he was the captain
Daphne piloting the plane
The kids behaved so well all evening that we let them stay up for fireworks. We took the car to a parking lot to watch the show at our local fairgrounds. The car and our location were PERFECT for the show- we stayed warm in the car and we were far enough away from the show so that the firework booms didn't upset the kids.
Watching fireworks from the car
The kids went to bed at 11:15 that night!! But I was amazed that neither kid threw a fit all night- I guess they were having too much fun.
3 comments:
I am glad we got to spend the Fourth of July with you. We still have some fireworks to do!!
Wow... my kids do not behave well if it's just an hour past their bedtime! Looks like you guys had a fun 4th!
I feel terrible, because Kennady goes to bed at 11 every night. It is nice though, because she sleeps until 9 or 10 every morning. Glad you guys had a wonderful 4th of July!
Post a Comment