Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Extra Fun in Chehalis

Outdoor Adventures
My kids LOVE exploring outside (mostly just walking around looking at things). They like to look for bugs, dog poop, dogs, cats, etc. They've been on a few of these adventures since we've been here. Nana and Grandpa have been troopers!
Embarking on a "Cat Hike" with Grandpa
Dayton specifically wanted to go outside and look for
Murray, my mom's cat; they found him, but he ran away
Going on an Adventure with Nana
They explored the backyard and all of my Dad's equipment
My mom took a million pictures of this adventure,
so watch her blog for more details.
Crafting
Daphne and Nana made a bead necklace together.
This is Daphne's new face whenever I tell her to smile
Crazy Hair
Dayton's hair was LOOOONG. He let me spike it after a bath. He got a haircut as soon as we got home!

Family Dinners
We enjoyed many family dinners here. At one dinner I caught Daphne stealing the candied nuts from the salad before we all sat down to eat.
She knew she was being sneaky!

Adelynn
We were been lucky enough to see Adelynn on several occasions. I got to watch her session for newborn portraits- VERY darling. Plus my sister and her little family stayed with us in Chehalis for a few nights, and I stayed with them in Seattle for a few nights. We loved our extra time with them.
Daphne feeding Adelynn;
Daphne wasn't too gentle, and she sneezed right in Adelynn's eyeball;
we'll have to work on caring for alive babies that have feelings,
instead of dolls that take naps face down, and get tossed on the floor
Daphne still can't get enough of baby AdelynnAdelynn LOVES napping in her carseat
Smiling in her sleep (or maybe that's just gas)
Sisters
It was fun spending time with my sisters. Someday we'll live closer, and I'll get to see them all the time!
Jenny, Laura, and Michelle

Fun with Serena

Serena visited one night during baths; my kids are always happy to see her. She was blowing bubbles with her gum, and my kids just stared because they had never seen gum bubbles before. They kept telling her to "do it again!" They got really excited and wanted to share the bubbles with her!! It was funny to watch their delight over such a silly thing. Serena was so nice to comply with their outrageous requests.

Pool
My mom bought this 10 ft pool for the kids (correction: she got the pool free with coupons and store credit), but we only had 2 days that were warm enough to swim.
Daphne liked using this floating laundry basket
to tow around all of her cooking supplies
The kids and our dog Allie REALLY loved draining the pool!
Video of draining the pool


Exercising
Okay, I have to admit that I only exercised once during this trip... But I had plenty of company on the treadmill when I did!

2 comments:

Gary and Kirsten said...

I had a lot of fun with the kids. I am glad we finally got some great weather to use the pool. I had the most fun taking them on an adventure.

The Rinkels said...

I love when kids can be entertained with a stick and a bug. So simple and fun.