Saturday, July 31, 2010

6 Year Wedding Anniversary

Derrick and I celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary recently. The time has seemed to fly by so quickly, and yet we are able to remember with great detail all of the wonderful memories we've made together.
An engagement picture, June 2004
Wedding picture, July 2004
6 Year Anniversary
Do we look differently now? Of course we do... ONE of us has had two children! Are we different people now? In many ways, yes. I hope we are better people. I hope we have strengthened each other's weaknesses, and grown together.

Some of our adaptations over time:
Michelle has learned to appreciate chunky peanut butter.
Derrick now drinks 1% milk.
Michelle has become much more skilled at cooking.
Derrick has learned electrical wiring.
Michelle now drives with maneuvers attempting to save time.
Derrick carries chapstick.
Michelle can appreciate sci-fi and fantasy movies.
Derrick can appreciate romantic movies.
Michelle cleans her brushed-out hair from the sink (most of the time).
Derrick puts his cups in the left side of the sink (most of the time).
Michelle eats mushrooms (not).
Derrick eats squash (not).

4 comments:

Derrick M said...

And you're welcome for those two kids!

Gena said...

Chunky pb is something I've learned to love over time w/ Spencer too. :) I might have to do something similar with my post about our anniversary. Congrats to your hubby for passing!! That's got to be such a relief. What happens from here?

Lindsay said...

That is so awesome, marriage is such a great thing. I was wondering which of the two of you had the 2 kids, it never said in the post. I figured it was Derrick, and from his comment looks like that might be the case. I understand on the Milk Derrick but I hope you still prefer 2% or whole :)

Lindsay said...

P.S. that was Ritchie