Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Parks in Kennewick

We had a few warmer days while we were in Kennewick, so the kids were thrilled to visit some parks.

First Park
This day was actually sunny!
Dayton's new skill is climbing up the bars/ladders by himself
As you can see, he is thrilled with this accomplishment.
Daphne was able to climb these steps Slides
Daphne decided to slide down head-first for half of her rides

Second Park
This particular day was overcast. I believe this is called the Park of Dreams; Derrick remembers helping to build this park long ago.
The kids took turns driving the boat
Swings
Daphne wanted to spend most of her time swinging
Beth and I took turns pushing Daphne
Mommy & Daughter
Dayton called this the "castle park"
because
of all the wooden spire structures

Spring is inching closer and closer. It's much easier to take my kids to parks now that they can both climb on all the equipment on their own. We'll be spending much more time outside this spring and summer.

5 comments:

Derrick M said...

The second park is actually called 'The Playground of Dreams.' Great post hun, lots of good pictures there.

About Ours Good One Home said...

I can't get over how big and how adorable your children are! I'm so glad you blog. And I didn't know you were from Kennewick. We have a brother-in-law (James Hendricks) from Kennewick. Small world.

Lindsy Hartsock said...

CUTE pictures!

Jenny Jones said...

I helped build that park.... you are welcome. They look nice, the pictures and all.

Gena said...

The park of dreams kinda looks like penny playground in Chehalis. Remember that? Daphne is so pretty. I love that close up of her on the slide!