Sunday, March 21, 2010

Enjoying Chicago Snow

Now that our snow has all completely melted, I thought I'd better post the fun we had in the snow while it was here. These pictures and videos are from a month ago.
Derrick made a snow angel;
You're my angel, honey
Dayton wanted to climb up the mountain of snow
(shoveled off our driveway many, many times by Derrick)
Perspective of how tall this snow mound was
Dayton had a BLAST playing on his mountain
He kept yelling "I'm on the mountain!"
And he called it "the tallest mountain" from a Dora episode
Daphne climbed the mountain, too
Daphne's joy when she got to yell at the top
A video of our snow adventures:
Derrick on the mountain, Daphne in the snow, Dayton on
the mountain, and Dayton sledding down the mountain.

Note: In the video, I'm only telling Dayton to say "I'm on the mountain" because he stopped doing it whenever I pulled out the camera.

We also made a sledding run on a small hill in our backyard, but we didn't get pictures or video of that.

2 comments:

Derrick M said...

That mountain was at least 5 feet tall! It was a pain trying to shovel over it!

Gary and Kirsten said...

Derrick you are going to miss all that shoveling someday. I hope the kids remember all the snow fun they had in Chicago.