The main purpose for the kids and I to stay longer than Derrick for this trip was so that I could be home for my sister Jenny's Baby Shower!! She's expecting her first baby- a precious little girl. It was wonderful for me to be a part of this celebration with her.
Jenny, Laura, Michelle
Jenny is 6 months into her pregnancy

Laura worked hard on all the food. She made vanilla muffins, yogurt cups, mexican tortilla roll-ups, stuffed cucumbers, grilled cheese (Jenny's request), and two cakes. I helped a little with fruit pizza, chocolate strawberries, and the fruit bouquet.
Laura with her cupcake-cake masterpiece

Jenny received wonderful gifts like a diaper bag,
a baby quilt, a portrait session, a bouncy chair...
as well as tons of cute little outfits!
The diaper cake
The diaper pyramidMy mom's been doing diaper deals ever since she found out Jenny was pregnant; my mom has accumulated a year's worth of diapers for Jenny (ranging from Newborn to size 5), and approximately a 6-month supply of baby wipes

My Grandma and Jenny

After most guests left, my kids were in awe at the pile of gifts. Daphne thought all the presents were for her, so I explained that they're for the baby in Jenny's tummy. So Dayton and Daphne took EVERY item out of the bags one by one...
And piled it all on Jenny's lap!They kept telling her these presents are for her baby;
Daphne would say "baby yikes dis" each time
I'm excited for my new niece to come in June.
4 comments:
Oh cute cute! That is nice for your sister that she got to be somewhat comfortable for the shower (vs waiting until it was closer to the due date).
Way to go Kristen! I can't believe you have gotten so many wipes and diapers. Jenny is very lucky!!!!
Wow, that diaper pyramid is hilarious! Diapers for a full year is AWESOME!
What a cute baby shower your sister was given!
Wow, what a shower! I love the pictures of the food. I just love having baby showers so I can cook/bake. So glad to see that you've kept the fruit pizza alive. :) Miss you!
Fun! We need to get together one of these weekends.
Post a Comment