Friday, January 15, 2010

New Year's

No staying up until midnight for these toddlers... my kids rang in the New Year in the morning when they woke up! They were sure thrilled to have the noise-makers.
Later my Dad took them to the back driveway for some fireworks. He always made my sisters and I wear his safety glasses whenever we were around fireworks growing up, so he lovingly made my kids wear the safety glsses, too.
We started with sparklers, which went well for everyone. Sorry, no pictures of Daphne with a sparkler because I was helping her hold it.
But then... my Dad lit fire-crackers. Oops. Both kids screamed and cried and ran inside. Dayton wouldn't come back out for any more fireworks, but Daphne was brave enough to continue as long as I held her.
Video of sparklers, bees, and two nicer booms

1 comment:

Gary and Kirsten said...

I had fun sitting inside the window with Dayton watching the fireworks. I do remember the last one we did that went all over! I was even scared with that one!