Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mommy-Daphne Time

While my friend April and I have taken turns having sick kids, we haven't been carpooling/babysitting during Pre-School. I've had Daphne with me each day that Dayton has gone to school over the past few weeks. I have truly loved getting to spend this extra time with my baby girl.
Daphne's FAVORITE thing during our time together is SHOPPING! She asks for it everyday. I think it's her comfort that Dayton gets school, but she gets shopping. She munches on fruit snacks, yogurt raisins, and goldfish while I shop. She has been accompanying me to Walmart, Walgreens, Target, and the mall. Some days I don't have any errands to run, so I'll just stop by Walmart to pick up one or two food items so that Daphne gets her precious shopping time before we head home. But she loves when I have a long list because we head to the toy section first to grab some entertainment for her; we haven't broken any new toys yet, thank goodness, because we put the toys back before checking out.

So far the highlights of shopping for Daphne have been picking out her birthday cake at Walmart (we're planning 2 months in advance, but she reminds us about her cake daily), and finding new boots and dress shoes at Target (way cheap on clearance-yay!). She also loves roaming around Bass Pro Shop at the mall.

Our other fun Mommy-Daphne activities have been playing laundry and babies (I fold laundry while she uses the clean towels as blankets for her babies to go night-night) and visiting the amazing library.
Two new Daphne habits:
1) She entirely picks out her outfits and shoes everyday, but she always chooses the same pair of new dress shoes from Target.
2) She has been playing with Dayton's cars set several times a day, and we've loved seeing her line the cars up the same way that Dayton used to do it.

Side Note: Since my brave music videos post last week, our blog's popularity has doubled! I'm glad I could entertain so many people.

2 comments:

Gary and Kirsten said...

I am glad you have some time to spend alone with Daphne. Where does she get this shopping desire from?
As for the music video, maybe we have a rock star in the works! He enjoyed playing Rock Star with Uncle Trevor.

Derrick M said...

I'm so proud of my little girl!