Dayton has advanced in his class at our Church. He's now a Sunbeam, which means he goes to Primary with all the 3-12 year-old kids (instead of the Nursery for 1.5 to 3 year-olds, where they mostly play and eat snacks). We were still in Chehalis for the first Sunday of the new year, so he attended his first day of Primary there.
The new Sunbeam class went to the front of
the room and stood on chairs to sing a song
the room and stood on chairs to sing a song
During Primary, the leader allowed children to come up to the microphone to bear their testimonies; Dayton was eager for the opportunity to use the microphone! He went up and (with the leader's guidance) told us that he believes in Jesus, and he believes in our Church, and he's thankful for his family. I was so proud of him.
----------
Now back in Chicago, I go to Primary with Dayton because I teach the class one year older than his. He's very engaged in his new setting. He loves singing, and he loves turning around to smile at me. He's also very eager to help and be involved. I love it!
Daphne is still in Nursery, but she's been doing fine without him. Dayton tells us that he's too big for Nursery now.
2 comments:
Such a big boy! Do you think he wanted the microphone so badly because he needs attention??? : ) Yeah, right!
Michelle, you are so good at documenting your kids milestones and daily life! I've been slacking... but, you inspire me to be better!
What a stud that Dayton is! Susie told me yesterday that I am her "best mommy friend" and that Dayton is her "best friend friend"!
Post a Comment