Friday, October 2, 2009

Daphne's First Day in Nursery and More

Daphne had her first day in Nursery at Church on Sunday. She cried a little when I left, but her teachers said she did pretty good; they said she was fine as long as she was close to Dayton (he'll be in class with her for 3 more months until he moves up). If I wasn't teaching in Primary, I probably would have checked in on her a few times. Derrick peaked in once and said she was doing just fine.
Daphne & Dayton in Nursery
We took the photo AFTER Church, so they both look tired

Other funny developments in Daphne's life:

1) She is becoming a perfect copycat of Dayton. She says anything he says, and does anything he does. If Dayton doesn't want a bite of dinner- neither does Daphne. If Dayton needs to pee on the potty- so does Daphne. If Dayton hurt his knee and wants me to kiss it- so does Daphne. If Dayton says he's cold and needs socks, guess who else does, too? She's even asking to wear his clothes and his shoes now, which Dayton is handling fairly well.

Daphne wearing Dayton's Brobee Jammies

2) For the past month, she has the habit of taking between one and three babies to bed with her; stuffed animals and her doll are also welcome if she thinks of them when it's time to get in bed.

3) She got two shots for her 18-month check-up. After the first one, she looked at the nurse with a puzzled look and said, "Ow" as though the nurse had barely touched her- no whining or crying. The nurse and I were both amazed at Daphne's calm demeanor and almost nonexistent reaction. After the second shot, she said "ow" again, and then cried a little until she got her cookies for her visit. What a brave girl. Maybe Dayton's been bullying her so much that she has a high tolerance for pain now.


5 comments:

Gena said...

She is such a doll! That's so great she gets to be in nursery now, and that time in there with Dayton will be a perfect transition I bet!

Gary and Kirsten said...

Is that Kaili's dress Daphne is wearing??
I remember you and Jenny wearing matching outfits, she wore the pink and you wore the purple.
Is one of the babies the one you got on a steal at Target?

Serena said...

Haha I love her! I especially love the superstar pose at the end! She is getting so big!

The Rinkels said...

It's great that they love each other so much. That's the best part of having kids - seeing them love on each other.

Gretchen said...

Oh my goodness, what a little doll!! I can't believe she only said "ow" while getting a shot. What a trooper.

Is she really only wearing 12 month clothes??? I would have to agree, Hannah is a chunk, but I wouldn't call Daphne a shrimp, it doesn't sound cute enough :-)