Halloween has arrived early in the McKay home. My friend got me excited when she started decorating on Thursday, so I followed suit. HALLOWEEN IS THE BEST!!

I only have one meager box of Halloween decorations with me here; I left boxes and boxes of my favorite holiday's gear in Washington (sniff, sniff). But my kids loved pulling everything out of the box with me. They loved 'helping' me decide where to put things, even though I prompted them to choose certain places. When Dayton found his trick-or-treat bag he told me he wanted to go trick-or-treating; I don't think he remembers doing this last year, but he's been watching Halloween movies that have taught him the proper procedures.

The kids fought over this pumpkin costume; I had to make them take turns wearing it.
Daphne first...


Dayton jumping saying "It's my turn!"
Then Dayton's turn...
It's a bit small on him; he wore it for the last 2 years
Then Daphne's turn again...
Dayton would rip it off Daphne and tell me he was "just helping her."
They also took turns wearing my mom's infamous Halloween sweater (that I have so proudly inherited!).
Then Dayton's turn...It's a bit small on him; he wore it for the last 2 years
Then Daphne's turn again...Dayton would rip it off Daphne and tell me he was "just helping her."



My kids were lucky to receive new Halloween outfits from Nana, along with the rest of the box filled with Halloween goodies.

When Dayton walked down into the living room after we had everything up, he said, "Wow, what cool decorations!" Then for the rest of the night he kept saying, "I think it's Halloween" or "Yep, it's Halloween."

9 comments:
Awe =] Your kids are so cute =] The only holiday Joey lets us decorate for is Christmas. I think Halloween is fun =] What are your kids being this year?
When you lived in Provo your house was awesome for Halloween! I know its not the decorations that make the holiday. This year you are going to have a great time with them, eating all that candy.
I am cleaning my house today and then going to get out my Fall decorations. Don't kids just make all the holidays so much more exciting?!
When you are in town for your Mom's birthday I would love to get a lesson from you in all your amazing coupon deals. I have showed your blog post to a few friends and we are amazed!!
Michelle,
It doesn't seem fair that you inherit all the good sweaters. Are your sisters jealous?
You're such a good mama! I need to be better at decorating for all holidays. It's hard though, when you're in school and don't have much, or want to accumulate much stuff when you know you'll have to move around more!
haha how funny. I wish my mom sent me Halloween boxes... actually I just wish she sent me any kind of package!
Michelle, you are the cutest. We pulled out our Halloween decorations today and my kids were so excited to see the trick or treat bags that you and your mom made for them three years ago. It just brought a smile to my face. My kids still remember you guys and they sure love you. Thanks again, we have gotten a lot of use out of those trick or treat bags.
Love, love, love your post. I always loved that you were so excited for Halloween...not that I'm not excited, it's just that you definitely go all out. At least be happy that you have some decorations. All of mine are in storage since we're moving in a month anyway. The only thing we have for Halloween is a plastic pumpkin for candy and the cute trick-or-treating bag you and your mom made for us. Hopefully I can still get out some of my Fall decor when we get to the new house.
Post a Comment