Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dayton's First Official Prayer

We pray several times a day with our kids. A long while ago, Dayton mumbled names of family members while Mommy or Daddy said the actual prayer, and I liked to think he was saying his own prayer. For the last 6 months or more, Dayton always says the prayer with our help. We tell him the prayer line by line and he repeats it. Well yesterday for dinner, we asked Dayton to say the prayer by himself, and he did it! I was so thrilled he said a complete prayer without assistance.
Here was Dayton's dinner prayer:
"Dear Heavenly Father. Thank you for today. Thank you we went to see Grandma Cindy. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

We asked him to pray later before bedtime, and he repeated the above prayer over again. He also said it before bed tonight. It's such a good prayer that he wants to use it over and over.

Sidenote: We did not actually see his Grandma yesterday or today; she lives in Washington. I even asked him about it tonight, and he told me that he had indeed seen her today. Oh well.

Even further to the sidenote: Dayton prompted me to help him pee on the potty three times today! Normally I beg and plead and he doesn't want to go, but today he kept telling me when it was time. He only got one diaper wet today, because I also managed to make him go before school, before nap, and before bed. Wahoo!

3 comments:

The Rinkels said...

It's all about the baby steps when potty training boys.....and a lot of patience!

Javidite said...

Thats a way sweet post.

Serena said...

Congrats on the potty!!! That is too cute about his prayer!