The first memory was a movie about stranger danger. The movie has an alien who keeps getting kidnapped because he's not street smart, so he slowly learns his lesson. My mom so lovingly passed the movie on to me some time ago, but I was never excited about showing it to the kids, so it sat untouched on the movie shelf. Then Derrick finally pulled it out and popped in the VHS. Dayton was captivated and watched it three times in a row that evening!

The second memory was one of my favorite meals that our nanny used to make for us when my mom was working or going to school (I don't remember which). We call them Tuna Burgers. They're as simple as they look- hamburger buns with tuna, cheese, and olives, toasted in the oven. My kids didn't want to try them at first because they dove into the fruit. But I eventually got them each to take a bite, and they gobbled down two more burgers! The meal was a hit!

2 comments:
I was thinking that you posted some of your old cheer leading pictures. Maybe that will be some other blast from the past post. I'll have to try that meal with Andee. I feel like she always has the same things over and over.
It's nice to know that some of your memories are actually good ones. I love the Tuna Burgers as well. At least you know what a VHS is, and you still had a machine to play the movie.
Post a Comment