Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

We went to our first Pumpkin Patch on Saturday with our friends the Whitings. We had a blast! The kids were overjoyed with all the fun things, and we loved watching them have so much cheap fun. The farm had SO many activities! We did about half of them. I think we'll have to start doing this every year.

Daphne playing in the pumpkin house
We don't normally try to make her look like a boy;
we forgot her coat, but had a spare coat of Dayton's.


Photo Opps
Susie very quickly taught my children how to pose at every photo opportunity (meaning the wooden signs with holes for heads-they were everywhere!).
Dayton, Susie, and Daphne riding the bus to schoolDayton and Susie as fresh produceScarecrow DaphneScarecrow Dayton
Dayton, Daphne, and Susie on the Halloween Wagon


Pony Ride
The kids were excited to ride on horses. But as soon as Daphne got on, she whined until we took her off 30 seconds later (waste of $4!). Dayton sat on his horse (ie pony) great the whole time!


Ferris Wheel
Dayton begged and pleaded to ride this ferris wheel. We were expecting it to be a waste of money like Daphne's pony ride, but Dayton surprised us! He sat and rode the whole time without any crying or whining. BUT, he also did not smile once during the ride. I think he was just soaking in the new sensation of floating and swaying on the ferris wheel. I was so proud of my grown-up toddler riding a mini ferris wheel by himself. He says he liked it!
I love how Dayton's looking up at the sky here.


Blow-up Castle
The kids enjoyed bouncing around briefly in this huge castle.


Holding Hands
The kids were so cute holding hands whenever they hurried from one activity to another. Both Daphne and Susie INSISTED on holding Dayton's hands (one lucky guy!).
Poor Daphne couldn't always keep up with the big kids.
See that mud puddle in front of her?
She fell in it--or rather, she was dragged into it.


Tee-pees
The farm had two large Indian tee-pees set up for kids to play.
Dayton running into a tee-peeSusie, Dayton, and Daphne playing inside a tee-peeCute Daphne

Wagon Ride
The kids all wanted to pile into this wagon together.
Daphne, Susie, and Dayton
VERY shortly after getting in, they were all whining to get out.


Family Pictures
We took the opportunity to take a few cute family pictures. Here are my two favorites.

8 comments:

Derrick M said...

I do believe they were riding the 'cool bus!' That was a ton of fun. I'm so proud of my little childrens & my fabulous wife!

Dayton is a little stud!

Serena said...

What a good post. I too am obsessed with the pumpkin patch and we've gone 4 years in a row! Next on the list, cutting our own Christmas tree!

I love how Dayton and Daphne pose for every picture! And Dayton is getting so big!

April said...

Is that the picture you photo-shopped yourself? If so, that is amazing!
What a good time... it was such a cute little pumpkin patch.

Michelle M said...

Yes, I admit it... I photoshopped my head into our family picture by the pumpkins. It was the best picture of the kids, but I wasn't looking at the camera, so I had to MAKE it a good picture. It turned out great!

Mary said...

Sooo cute!! I love to see all the fun things you do with your kids!! I wish we still were neighbors so we could come along for all your fun!!

Laurel said...

Fun stuff. We love going to pumpkin farm every year. It's a tradition in the Aston house, and Rowie just joined in. Your farm looks super fun, our favortie has a lot of fun things to do, but no ferris wheel.

The Rinkels said...

I think your pumpkin patch is high end. We don't have bounce houses or ferris wheels at ours. So much fun and a terrific tradition.

Kimberly said...

Michelle

Your kids are so cute... it looks like you have had a lot of fun this fall and I'm impressed with the photoshop skills!