Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dayton's Actual 3rd Birthday

Dayton's actual birthday was the day after his party, so I figured I should document that fun day as well.

In the morning, Daddy treated Dayton to cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Then after Church and a nap, his day was filled with more presents, games, and cupcakes.


Stick the Candle on the Cake
I made this cake poster and hung it on the wall. The kids took turns sticking candles onto the cake.


Eating a Cupcake
Of course Dayton got to have another cupcake from his party cake, so we took more pictures.

First he tried to lick the cupcake
Then he noticed his fingers were messy
So he wanted a fork
And was finally content to eat his cupcake

Presents
Dayton happily opened his gifts from his parents. He tore the wrapping paper off so thoughtfully, and gave every little scrap to Daphne.
His gifts: Wubbzy movie, 2 books,
and a Tag Reader with 4 extra books

I was especially excited to give him this green monster book because he made this toy at a playgroup two years ago, and ever since I've wanted to get him the book to go with it. The book adds the monster's eyes, nose, ears, etc, one by one, then removes them one by one, so the velcro toy allows him to follow along.


New Tricycles
For Dayton's birthday, the kids each got a shiny new tricycle from their bicycle Grandpa. Dayton's first reaction was excitement and he ran over to get on his new "bike." Then he couldn't really get the pedals to work to his advantage, moving backward once, but mostly not moving at all, so then he was frustrated.
So Mommy pushed him around
until he got bored and wanted to get off.Daphne, too, just wanted to be pushed
(but her feet don't reach the pedals OR the ground)
After being slightly disenthused about their new rides earlier, I later found the kids on the tricycles in the basement. They were just sitting there playing, but not going anywhere. I thought it was adorable and amusing. In the last few days, Dayton has continued trying to figure out his tricycle. Daphne loves just sitting on hers.

Growing Every Year

Last year we started a tradition of putting Dayton in Daddy's BYU football jersey every year on his birthday to watch him grow.
His picture from last year: Dayton's second birthday
And this year: Dayton's third birthday

2 comments:

Lindsy Hartsock said...

Happy Birthday sweet Dayton! How fun. You are so creative. Way to be an amazing mommy :)

Dancewear By Heather said...

We really need to have a McKay reunion! Everyone's families are changing so much!