Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fun in the Van?!

Lately, every time we drive home, my kids ask if they can play in the van. They find so much joy in this simple activity-roaming around inside the van for 10-15 minutes. They especially like it when the backseat is folded down so they can play back there, too. I guess they love my van as much as I do!! It just keeps on giving!

The kids push all the buttons, flip all the switches, and turn all the dials. When I start the van next time we're going somewhere, I typically find that the air is on full blast, the volume is blaring, a turn signal is on, the wipers are on, the lights are all on, the movie and cd have been ejected and left on the floor, and the automatic doors are turned off.
No, I don't just leave them alone to play; I sit out there, too.

5 comments:

Serena said...

Haha Michelle you are so NOT the type of mom to leave your kids out there. At least they can have fun and amuse themselves anywhere!

Gary and Kirsten said...

I never want to hear any stories on the news of how 2 children drove their moms van through the house! The three of you used to love to play in the Vanagon whenever we got home. In fact, you slept out there one night.

Gena said...

That is so cute! Avie loves roaming around ours too... which, by the way, I think we have the same van... a Honda Odyssey? We just made the big step of getting a mini-van this summer, and we love it! Definitely worth it, though I once vowed I'd never get one! :) What color is yours? Ours is a dark blue.

Derrick M said...

That's great hun! They have to start learning how to drive sometime!

April said...

It's so funny how kids seem to find non-toy items and things more enjoyable than their mountains of toys! Go figure.