When Derrick came home for lunch, I taught the kids about "birthday spankings." They were very excited to spank Daddy! It was quite amusing. Daphne went first; she gave him 20 spankings because that's how high she can count. Dayton was able to count and administer all 29 spankings. But the kids did great doing soft spankings, because birthday spankings are for FUN.Daphne giving Daddy a birthday high-five
Our dear friends watched our children in the evening, so Derrick and I went out to celebrate. We had dinner at a good little Mexican grill called Qdoba. Then, at Derrick's request, we walked around the mall for a while. He got a new pair of scrubs for all of his upcoming rotations. After picking up the kids, we sang to Daddy and ate cake.
Derrick was most eager about one present- his new phone! He has wanted a smartphone for quite a while; our plan was to get one for Christmas, but he decided to use birthday money instead, because he found a GREAT deal (and I can't turn down a good deal). He bought an Android, and he hasn't been able to put the phone down ever since. He has been driving me crazy with it- texting in Church, standing in my kitchen checking his email, using GPS directions while driving even though we already know how to get there. I'm sure the new thrill will wear off soon, and I won't have to stomp on the phone. I'm glad Derrick got his technology fix- he sure loves new and improved gadgets.

2 comments:
First off, thanks for posting my age.
Second off, I only texted once and it was to my mother!
Third off, thanks for the great birthday!
Love that cake! And I TOTALLY understand about the whole phone thing (technology thing). Spencer got a new iPhone (talk about deals- we bought one on my line, sold it on eBay and made about $300 so he could get one too!!) but yeah, he is always checking something on it! Where did you get the Yo Gabba Gabba toys? Avie loves Foofa!
Post a Comment