Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Nana's Birthday

My mom's birthday was the day before Thanksgiving this year. She treated the ladies to pedicures that morning.
The Klein girls at the nail salon:
Michelle, Kirsten, Laura, and Jenny
We drove into the city to get Vienna Red Hots for lunchWe ate at Murphy's Red Hots
Derrick, Daphne, Michelle, and Dayton enjoying hot dogs
Daphne loves hot dogs
Nana with one of her favorite foods!
She likes it authentic, with a poppyseed bun, and bright green relish
The owner gave popsicles to the kids and birthday girl
Sweet baby Addy slept during lunch;
this was her 5-month birthday

Then we went to visit the Skibicki family.
We had thin crust, greasy Chicago pizza for dinner (another one of Nana's favorites).

Laura's boyfriend TJ is great at livening up the party; on this night, he was the first to try out the Wii dancing game. His fabulous, funky dance moves had us cracking up laughing, and made us all excited to play the game, too. After TJ's performance, we took turns dancing for the next 2+ hours. Hopefully this guy will officially join the family someday- we all love him.
TJ was mid-spin in this picture
Video of TJ's groovy dancing;
you can hear Jenny and Laura laughing throughout

Mia got Daphne and Dayton into dancing as well
Video of Mia and the kids dancing to Kesha's Tick Tock;
Mia was in the groove; Daphne danced to her own beat;
Dayton actually copied a few of the moves from the game

Derrick and I dance-battled twice.
Somehow, he beat me both times! I'll have to start practicing.
Dayton enjoyed a sword-fighting game on the Wii
Video of Dayton sword-fighting; he really got into it!

Cousins: Mia, Michelle, Jenny, Laura, and Erica;
with second generation Daphne, Adelynn, and Dayton
Daphne was excited to take home her newest toys from the Skibicki girls- a LARGE set of Polly Pocket dolls, clothes, accessories, furniture, and houses!

2 comments:

Gary and Kirsten said...

Thank you for the wonderful birthday. And thanks to my family for putting up with my food favorites. I had so much fun watching everyone dance, especially TJ!! He rocks.

Laurel said...

I was smiling because on Faceboom I just kept seeing her 'check-in' at food places. I'm sure she was so happy to have all of you together!