Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Klein Family Comes to Chicago

My whole family flew to Chicago to spend Thanksgiving here! We were delighted to have them all here, and we were very cozy in my house... 8 adults and 3 children staying in a 3-bedroom house. We all fit comfortably, and most of us even had some privacy.

Guys' Night
The first night here, all the guys went to a hockey game, and the Chicago Wolves won!
Derrick, Trevor, and TJ
Sliding Down the Stairs
Dayton and Daphne figured out the fun game of sliding down the stairs completely on their own! I was proud that my kids came up with this past-time without any assistance! I remember doing this with slippery sleeping bags when I was little. Dayton and Daphne started with Mommy and Daddy's pillows, which didn't work very well because we have memory foam pillows.
So I convinced them to use their own pillows
(with their new Wubbzy and Princess pillowcases from Nana)
The kids didn't "slide" very well, but they scooted off
each step while sitting on the pillows- so it was fun for them
Then they began sliding inside the pillowcases for the ride,
which worked a little better

Girls' Night
The women were supposed to have a girls' night, but we ended up doing very little. We took care of the kiddos, made some fridge magnets, and watched The Cutting Edge (a movie we enjoyed when we were younger)- pretty exciting night!
At one point, our Girls' Night looked like this:
Jenny, Kirsten, and Laura absorbed in their phones
everyone in my family has a smartphone, except me-
I'm not jealous, I just wish the phones weren't glued to their fingers!
(Mom and Derrick- No, I don't need a smartphone)

No comments: