Monday, November 29, 2010

Fun Activities at Home

Playdough
Dayton and Daphne LOVE playdough. But being the obsessive mother that I am, I have playdough rules. At home, they can only have one color at a time, and they have to sit in their booster seats for playdough. The kids enjoy using cookie cutters for shapes.

Today they asked to move their booster seats to the floor in front of the TV so they could watch while they played (this is what Nana lets them do). And they were very imaginative with their playdough today- which I loved!

Daphne with her creations
She asked for a tree, some grass, a dinosaur, and a bowl
with food; the dinosaur was munching on the food, and
peeing in the grass (which Daphne thought was hilarious)
Dayton wanted all the same shapes Daphne had

Video Games for a Day
I bought a cheap remote video game set with some of my pharmacy credit. I wanted to save it for Christmas, but over-eager Daddy gave it to the kids early. They set it up today and began to play. It didn't take long for Derrick to realize that the remote signal was very poor, so playing the games was difficult (we didn't expect high quality for only $20). We decided to return it, and SOMEDAY we'll get a nice Wii. But they kids enjoyed this video game while it lasted- for one day.
Daphne, Dayton, and Daddy amid the TV screen glow;
I was amused at how they were all absorbed into the game
Dayton, Daphne, and Daddy playing a game

1 comment:

Gary and Kirsten said...

Nana lets them mix the colors too!