Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday Deals

During awesome Black Friday sales, most people head to stores and malls, but I only go to PHARMACIES!! I was VERY excited about this year's deals. I stayed up past 2 am planning my deals, and then woke up at 6:15 am to head to Walgreens. When I came home many hours later, I told Derrick, "It was totally worth getting only 4 hours of sleep!"

I started with only $1 store credit at CVS, and only $5 at Walgreens. I did so many money-making transactions (rolling over store credit), that I ended with about $33 credit at each store.

My raid of CVS and Walgreens
I did NOT clear the shelves of anything- the stores surprisingly had large quantities in stock. Some of these deals were money-makers, some were free, some were fillers, and some were just things we needed so I bought them with store credit.
The Goods
(minus some that my siblings took home before I got the picture:
toothpaste, toothbrush, hair ties, and face lotion)I also went to Target to get a steal on the new Tinkerbell movie
for Daphne- I gave it to her right away instead of saving it for a gift
My total out of pocket for EVERYTHING was $21.76, which was almost entirely sales tax. I bought enough from one family of products to submit a mail-in-rebate to get back a $20 check! That's a net total of just $1.76 for everything!

1 comment:

Derrick M said...

You gotta spend money to save money!