Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Hooray for Halloween, and all of the related decorations, treats, parties, costumes, and fun! Halloween is my favorite holiday; I could easily spend hundreds of dollars on decorations, and it still wouldn't be enough! We've been wearing our Halloween clothes all month to get in the spooky spirit.



Okay, this next one isn't a Halloween shirt (although the socks are pumpkins- thanks Grandma Cindy), but it's orange and it finally fits! Jenny and Trevor (a native of Canada), got this for Dayton for his 1st birthday, and now it fits a year later. The shirt says, "Canada Rocks Eh!"


My mom had this old sweater (that we used to make fun of her for), and I begged her to give it to me. She was certain I was not brave enough to wear it, but Hah! I wore it to Church Mom! And I received several enthusiastic compliments!


These are the kids' too cute trick-or-treat bags that my mom made for them. The ghost is Dayton's and the spider is Daphne's.



McKay Family Costumes this year:

Michelle and Derrick: Sarah Palin and John McCain
(You'd vote for us, right?)



Dayton: Pumpkin (Rarr!)



Daphne: Teddy Bear
(she's too cute to be just a bear, so she's a teddy bear)



Kids Together



Dayton and Mommy



Contest
We dressed up Dayton and his friend Susie for a photo contest for the BYU Bookstore. We didn't win, but I thought this picture of them was cute anyway. They're wearing adult BYU football jerseys.



Party
We went to a Halloween party at our friends', the Whitings, house. Females dominated the games, sorry guys. Dayton is always in heaven playing with Susie. I LOVE this picture of Susie ("I'm a ladybug!").




Trunk-or-Treat
We did a trunk-or-treat at our Church. We had chili and cornbread for dinner, then candy in the parking lot! We were running late for this event, so Derrick and I instantly became football players instead of politicians running for president.

Derrick sat in the trunk with Daphne
and passed out candy.



Mommy and Dayton went trunk-or-treating!
Dayton said something to the effect of trick-or-treat
at each trunk, plus "tank-u" and "happy hawee."
(He wasn't a fan of his costume)



Our Whole Family
(this is the first picture of the 4 of us since
we graduated 6 months ago... thanks Adam!)



The first piece of candy that Dayton pulled out of his bag (and the only piece he got tonight) was a Tootsie Roll Pop. We weren't going to open it, but he gnawed through the wrapper. As it turns out, it's NOT a good idea to let a 2-yr old tote a sucker around for 30 minutes. Things got sticky...



When we got home, Daphne played with the bats
that would be coming down the next day.


8 comments:

The Rinkels said...

Oh my goodness.....your kids are so cute I just want to squeeze them! love the costume pics!

Derrick M said...

Wow, what a post to put up on the same day of Halloween. Those are some great pictures of the kids.

April said...

Very impressed with getting this up on Halloween! On-the-ball Michelle! Cute post... love the love of Halloween.

Anonymous said...

What cute costumes! =) Halloween is such a fun little holiday. It's okay that Dayton didn't like his costume - Kennady didn't really like hers either.

DREW and MICHELLE said...

Such cute pictures! And I love that you wore your Mom's Halloween sweater! Your kids are too cute, and your costumes were GREAT!

Kimberly said...

Hey, this is Kaili's friend Kimberly! Just thought I would let you know I'm reading your blog! E-mail me at kimberlygprice at hotmail dot com if you want to be invited to mine!

Serena said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the post! And also loved the Halloween card! And you and Derrick are TOO cute as Palin and McCain. Saduq wanted to get a McCain mask, but ended up getting some awkwardly spooky thing....

Danna said...

Those were some of the cutest Halloween pictures ever! The kids are adorable! Austin was even looking at Dayton and remembering him in U-a-tah (what he calls it). Hope you guys are well!