Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Michelle's Creations

So I rarely get time to work on fun things, but this weekend Derrick let me have some time to make a couple of projects...

Diaper Cake
The first was a diaper cake for a baby shower for my good friend April. This was my first time making one. Believe it or not, 102 individually tied diapers (plus some ribbon and bath toys) went into creating this masterpiece. I thought it looked so cool; thanks honey!



Eyeball Deviled Eggs
I practiced a new spooky, creepy, ghoully, scary, Halloween recipe: Monster Eyeballs! For you recipe collectors out there, just use any deviled egg recipe (I recommend 12 eggs, 1/4 c mayo, 1/4 c mustard, plus salt,pepper, and paprika to taste), then dye the filling green, top with an olive slice, and use a toothpick dipped in red food coloring to draw the blood vessels. Voila!

5 comments:

The Rinkels said...

Look how creative you are! That diaper cake is incredible - I've never seen anything like it before. I hope you find someone to creep out with those eggs.

Laurel said...

I will NOT be making those eggs! They creep me out.

Mary said...

Cute Michelle! You are amazing! It looks like you guys are having some fun adventures in Chicago! We miss you!

Unknown said...

How awesome! The cake is too cute! I wish that Will would give me time on a Saturday to work on projects (that would be amazing)....hmmmm....I hope he reads this and gets a hint! haha. Nice job on the eggs, creepy...did Dayton try them?

Anonymous said...

That diaper cake looks really awesome. I didn't realise that you were so crafty :)