Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Daphne Updates

Some recent events in our daughter's life are:

1. Sunburn- Bad Mommy!
We spent an hour outside watching Daddy play flag football; I had Daphne in the baby carrier the whole time, and I thought I was shielding her from the sun, but clearly I was not. I don't remember when Dayton got his first sunburn, but I think he was over a year, so definitely not this young! She peeled some later.



2. Sitting Up
Since we got home, Daphne has decided to sit up entirely on her own. She's loves sitting to play with toys, and fusses if I lay her down instead of her up position. In this picture she's wearing one of the few articles of clothing from Dayton that's not blue (thanks cousin Jill!) so it works for a girl, too! Orange... we're getting excited for Halloween...



3. Eating
Also since we got home, Daphne has decided she loves solid foods. I think she was waiting to master this milestone with her Daddy; I had Derrick try to feed her some peaches the other day (I say 'try' because that's all we've been able to accomplish with her), and she polished off the whole container! I was amazed and delighted. Daddy must have the magic touch.


4. Brushing Teeth (and Gums)
I should have started this months ago, but we pulled out her little scrubber and finally brushed her teeth and gums for the first time; she enjoyed it. She has two teeth all the way through on the bottom, plus one that just broke the surface two days ago. She has a fourth tooth that just broke the surface on the top, too (sorry Derrick, I hadn't shared this news with you yet!). I think 4 teeth is about time for some brushing!



5. Pretty Girl
These are just two fun pictures of her that I haven't shared yet. She's getting her 6-month portraits done tomorrow, so start getting excited to see them in a few weeks!

4 comments:

Derrick M said...

Wow, a fourth tooth. They're growing like weeds! I'm glad I at least found out :). That's the problem with being in school all day I guess.

Lindsy Hartsock said...

How fun!! I am always so amazed at how fast they grow, it is incredible! I can't wait to see her pictures ;)

Serena said...

SO cute! I wish she would have sat up for me. And you are right, she did wait to master solid foods for Derrick because she SURE DIDN'T for your mom. haha

Anonymous said...

What a little cutie!! 4 teeth already? WOW! I can't wait to see her 6 month pictures!