Saturday, May 30, 2009

I Think I Can, I Think I Can

Exactly one week from right now, I will be in Indianna running a half marathon from the College Football Hall of Fame to the Notre Dame Stadium. Am I crazy? Perhaps. I let a friend talk me into it, but she'll be enduring the 13 miles right next to me!

Up until last night, I was sure I could do it, but I was planning on a good amount of walking time. The most I had run at once was 6 miles (and that was ONLY once). But now... I think I can!

I ran 10 miles last night! Yes, T-E-N. That's only 3 miles shy of the full race next weekend. I did walk for .25 miles in the middle, but I ran an extra .25 at the end to make up for it.

With all this training, I was expecting my body to slim down a little. Do I feel skinnier? No. Do I feel more in-shape? No. Are my clothes getting looser? No. But I still ran 10 miles!!! At least my confidence has been boosted.

Ha ha. Don't worry... I won't dress like this...

11 comments:

Kimberly said...

Nice job! You will love it! 1/2 marathons are the perfect distance. I wish my race was next weekend. I have a 20 miler next weekend, so just think of me. You will do awesome! Oh, and I've gained 10 lbs since training for this marathon. It stinks!

The Rinkels said...

You rock! I think you should wear that outfit.

Kaili McKay said...

Good for you, I'm impressed! The most I've ever ran is 7 miles...(once) :) I used to run 5-6 miles at least 5 times a week in college...thats when I was seeing results, but I don't have time for that anymore. :( I agree with the Rinkels...you should wear that outfit, hehe. GO MICHELLE!!!

Unknown said...

Michelle that is so amazing!!! i will be rooting for you!!! by the way you look amazing!!!!

Derrick M said...

Honey, you just ran 10 miles. I remember when we were married and you could barely do three. You are definitely more in shape. You've had two kids and you can run 10 miles, how many women in the world can do that and still look as good as you? I don't even think I could do three miles, maybe three cheeseburgers though...

Javidite said...

WOW! I'm impressed! You will do great for all miles! Good luck

Gary and Kirsten said...

Hooray Michelle! Yes, you are amazing, even if I am your mom.
Make sure you eat well the night before and drink lots of water. I will be cheering for you from Colombia.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!

Amanda said...

Wow a marathon! You're amazing, I could never run that much. I'm not a fan of running! Good Luck!

April said...

I'm so glad I talked you into it! If you can do 10 miles-- you can do 13.1! You are amazing Michelle... I am so proud of you! You have worked so hard and you will feel soooooooo good when you (we) cross that finish line this saturday! Go us!

Serena said...

I LOVE it! I wish I was there to run with you. I wish you would wear that outfit. I bet you'd look better than that lady.

I miss you. I miss running around the dorms going on our "jogs" with you. Remember fitting my mattress up the elevator onto your floor, and into your room where we left it there, tilted up during the day so we could open the door and do our abs to "Friends", and down at night so we could have sleepovers?? Think Derrick would mind if Saduq and I brought our mattress over to Chicago and had a sleepover?

Cookie Dough said...

Amazing!!!!!