Monday, May 18, 2009

Daphne-isms


She eats better than Dayton now (ie chews faster, takes more bites, eats longer).

She says: "Da-ee" for Daddy (this one is our favorite because she coos his name when he comes home from school), "Mama", "Ma" for more, "Nigh-nigh" for night-night (typically singing), "Adda" for all-done, "Pa" for puffs, and "Da" for Dayton. I'm sure she's got more words that I'm forgetting right now.

She loves turning off the TV when Dayton's watching something.

She enjoys baby wipes. She pulls all the wipes out of the container, then loves squeezing the juice out of them in her fist before putting them back in the tub.

She's getting into cupboards (full of dishes, cleaning supplies, bathroom supplies- any cupboard). I even find her INSIDE them.
She eats hair; if she's got a strand on her fingers, she pulls out her pacifier and shoves the hair in her mouth.

She climbs onto anything that is at her level (treasure chest, stroller, stool, play kitchen, etc). We always find her standing on top of things.

She loves shoes in general, but especially her two little pairs. She crawls over to the door to pick them out of the basket; then after she tries to put them on herself, she whines for me to come over and do it for her. I think she's signaling that she wants to go somewhere.

She likes getting into our kitchen garbage, so it's been sitting our our COUNTER for a few weeks.

She loves washing her hands, but hates brushing her teeth.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Michelle,

I check every day for updates. We love seeing how your family grows and changes. Love, Laura

Derrick M said...

She is getting so big! I have to say that coming home after a tough day and hearing her coo 'da-de' when I come in just makes my day!

Serena said...

Haha she is so cute! I love the eating hair one... My sister Rose used to eat cat food so I guess you should be grateful! Can't wait to see her again! Oh and you too. :-)

The Rinkels said...

So fun to watch them grow up. She's so cute! I love the new picture on the top of your blog.

Anonymous said...

What a little cutie! =] Kennady hates brushing her teeth as well & she loves getting into the garbage can as well.

Mary said...

She is darling! I love the everyday unique things about kids! It's so fun to see all the neat things you do with your kids! you are such a fun mom!!