So I decided to let loose and have some fun. I pulled out the Play-Dough and cookie cutters for him while Daphne was napping yesterday (because I suspect she would have eaten a good portion had she been awake). He had fun, and I'm SO PLEASED to announce that: 1) not a single bit touched the carpet, and 2) no colors were mixed... an OCD mother's dream! He said that he wanted to "Do more goo."
He mostly watched me smash the dough,
and then chose which shape to use.

After cutting, he'd take each shape and place it neatly in his line.
I love this neat kid. I think we'll play with goo a little more often now.Sidenote: Daphne was being silly during Dayton's nap yesterday. She was putting these velcro pieces of foam in her hair. Funny girl.

3 comments:
Mrs. McKay! I can't believe that you doubted Play-Dough! It's the best thing to keep little hands busy.
Oh, Michelle! I really underestimated your OCD! LOL! You are too cute.
Hey Michelle. I just found out from Antho that you have a blog. Good to know. I'll have to check in. Love the "goo" story. I totally understand your struggle with play vs. mess. It's so hard! That's cute that Dayton played so nice and neat. Can he teach Austin that trick? Hey, you can check in on us at portalj.blogspot.
Post a Comment