Thursday, May 7, 2009

Three Random Things

#1 My trip to the gas station Friday night:
(the clerk appeared to be in his early twenties)

Clerk: "What do you need?"
Me: "Gas!"
Clerk: "Not cigarettes?!"
Me: "No, not today, thanks."
Clerk: "Which pump?"
Me: "That one; number 6."
Clerk (laughing): "The SOCCER MOM CAR?!"
Me: "Yep, that's me."Why was this so funny to me? Because I always thought minivans were lame, and I promised myself I would NOT drive one when I had kids. But now, my van is a source of pride for me. I'm proud to display that I have children, and I'm proud to have such a nice van. Every time I get in, I think about how much I love my van, and how perfectly it fits our family's needs; it's so roomy and comfortable, and it keeps both kids and parents happy. I just may continue to drive a minivan when our kids are all moved away and married!


#2 Late night visitor on our porch:

This was his original position. Then I startled him with my flash, so he was on the move
Not bad camouflage in the rocks!
Then he rested here, and I decided to leave him alone.

#3 Daphne's diaper contents:
I have found things in my kids' diapers before (usually small crumbs of food). The reason I am so baffled about this crayon being embedded in her diaper is that she was wearing a long-sleeve onesie and pants when she played with crayons at our friends' house. So how did she get the crayon IN her shirt and IN her diaper?!
Do you want your crayon back April?

4 comments:

Derrick M said...

Daphne sure has a thing for blue crayons.

Our minivan grew on me too. I remember when we were getting ready to buy it that I felt pretty lame. But ya, its a great van and it fits our needs perfectly!

Lindsy Hartsock said...

I too kinda dread the minivan days, but everyone I know that has one LOVES it. We will be there too in couple of years I'm sure... and I'm glad you are proud of it, you should be. :)

Tim and Jennifer said...

I want a minivan so bad! I used to shake my head at them, but now the idea of not hitting Kyle's head every time I put him in his carseat sounds glorious!

Javidite said...

Hey Michelle and Derrick, Steph and I just found all my old pictures from freshmen year and so i was telling her stories. And now she thinks we should hang out some time since we only live a litte bit away. If you are ever up for doing something lets us know and we will drive up there.