We took Daphne in for her free birthday scoop of ice cream at Baskin Robbins. We were bad because we went BEFORE dinner. The kids were both so pleased at the treat.




On Her Birthday: Packages
My mom and Laura each sent Daphne a birthday package. Laura's package was home-made brownies, which delighted both children. 



My mom's package was outfits for both kids, plus a cool-air humidifier. The kids played with the humidifier for at least 30 minutes; they both ended up wet and cold, and the carpet got doused when Daphne knocked over the humidifier.


Crawling
On her birthday, she took her first few 'crawl steps.' She was scooting at a friends house to reach a golf ball that Dayton set down just out of her reach. She's done it a little more each day since then. She's still slow, and sometimes her arms give out on her, but we're so excited that she's finally crawling!
One Day After Her Birthday: Party
We had our family and Dayton's closest friends over for a lunch party.
Cousin Mia with Daphne
My Aunts: Tam and Greer

Birthday Girl Daphne

Aunt Greer, Uncle Joe, Derrick, and Daphne eating lunch
Derrick knew he was getting his picture taken, so it's not
my fault that he continued chewing for the picture!
Chrisanna, April, and baby Lennon

Erica and Mia played SO GREAT with the kids

My attempt at a fun birthday cake: a Butterfly
I wanted chocolate frosting, so it turned out kind of creepy

The kids having their cake: Susie, Dayton, and Paisley

Daphne eating her cake!



Dayton opened Daphne's presents while she was sleeping.

I believe this is THE CUTEST dress I've ever seen.
I've already washed it so she can start
wearing it, whether it's too big or not.

A Few Funny Things
Daphne sleeps in our bedroom during the day so she can take her naps. This is how we found her the other day.

We left Daphne in front of the toys to keep her happy for a little while. She was content here for about 45 minutes! Dayton was a little stressed out about the mess that she made. It took Derrick a little while to put all the puzzles back together (he doesn't have them all memorized like Dayton and Mommy).






7 comments:
The picture of the kids licking the mist is hilarious! I also like the Dayton (Elton John) picture wearing sister's glasses. Too cute!
Happy Birthday Daphne!
Oh, and I must say CUTE cake
Happy Birthday Daphne! I'm so proud of you.
Isn't it funny in the first video how far away from the box she starts and by the end of the video she's scooted right up next to the box of brownies?
Thanks for taking such good care of the kids Michelle!
Yay she's crawling =] What a sweet little birthday girl =] I loved her birthday outfit & I really loved the dress!! Most of Kennady's clothes are too big as well.
Oh my goodness! Those were THE cutest pics ever! I love them digging in the ice cream and trying to eat the humidifier steam!!
I can't believe Daphne is already 1! And, can you believe it's been a year since you graduated?
Post a Comment