Friday, April 10, 2009

Calling All Twilight Fans- Bragfest

A few weeks ago, I saw this post on a money-saving website that I check every week...

I don't think I have ever won anything in my life, despite MANY opportunities (including every sporting event we went to at BYU). But I loved the Twilight books and I enjoyed the movie, so I entered the contest. She received 372 entries, and selected the winner randomly. My chance of winning was 0.54%. Well...

I WON!!!

When I got her email telling me that I had won the $150 Twilight gift package, I was in a bit of shock. My first assumption was that it was junk mail, because I get a TON of spam. Then I thought maybe it was a joke or a gag. Well I checked her blog and saw that she posted the winner's name, and sure enough there I was! I have a separate email address for all of my coupons, newsletters, and deals, but I only check this address about once a week. I was lucky to check that day because I only had 48 hours to get back to her with my mailing address before she'd pick another winner.

Here's a picture of all my cool new Twilight stuff!!

Included:
DVD
Soundtrack
Book
Messenger bag
Tote bag
Necklace
Charms key chain
Pins set
$60 in Walmart gift cards

The messenger bag says, "What if I'm not the hero?" on the outside, and then "What if I'm the bad guy?" on the inside. Oh Edward, you could never be bad!!

Me kissing Edward on my new Twilight movie!
Oops- am I covering up Bella?!
If Edward asked me to leave my husband to be with him...
Derrick if you're reading this: of course I'd stay with you.
Edward if you're reading this: ABSOLUTELY!!
I have to admit, I was a little excited about wearing a Twilight t-shirt around town, but my package didn't have one. Derrick commented that I could use one of the gift cards to buy a t-shirt, but I only wanted one if it was free. Those gift cards are buying diapers!

I told Derrick this can be his birthday present to me, since the movie was on my birthday list anyway.

Okay, you can all be jealous now.

7 comments:

mindy said...

Way to go!! I love all the goodies you got! I've actually just started reading Twilight for the first time. I know I'm behind, but better late than never!

Gary and Kirsten said...

How exciting that you won! You may not remember but when you were young and going to school at St Josephs you won a beach towel.
So all these coupon sites etc are paying off!

Lindsy Hartsock said...

haha that is awesome!!!

Javidite said...

Wow, I know many people who would be way jealous of you.

Kimberly said...

Nice job! I really need to see the movie again!

Serena said...

hahahaha How exciting!!! I'm amazed at all the stuff you got!

suzi said...

Awesome! You guys are so fun. I am so glad we got to know you in Provo. I am jealous. I never win anything.