Friday, October 29, 2010

Student Halloween Party

Our family is close with several other student families from our Church, so we invited a few of them over for a Halloween Party. My friend April had this party the last few years that we've been here, but I'm carrying on her tradition now that she has moved away. We ate dinner, had a costume contest, and then played a few Halloweenie games.
McKay Family
Derrick- double rainbow, Dayton- Diego,
Michelle- ballerina (in black, but not intentionally gothic),
Daphne- Tinkerbell
Conley Family
Kira- doctor, Brian- BYU ref, Maddie- giraffe
Jackson Family (representative)
Crystal- Inn-and-Out Burger worker
Zimmer Family (except Jeff)
Aimie- awesome skeleton (won the best costume prize),
Jaxon- Buzz Lightyear
Graham Family
Dave- kangeroo hunter, Addie- kangeroo, Kenna- a character from
an Australian movie (I can't remember exactly, so I could be wrong)
Nordquist Family
Evan- cowboy, Tom- hockey player,
Traci- vampire, Parker- pirate (costume at home)
Witch Hats
These desserts were filled with chocolate mousse
Toilet Paper Mummy Game
I never played this as a kid, so we all played as adults! Each team had to use two complete rolls of toilet paper to entirely cover the mummy. The toilet paper was cheap single-ply, so it was constantly ripping.
The guys wrapped up Tom
Their completed hockey player mummy;
Brian, Tom, Derrick, and Dave
The girls wrapped up Crystal
And the girls won!!
Michelle, Kenna, Crystal, Aimie, and Kira
Halloween Playdough Game
April played this at her party every year, so I carried on her tradition (especially since the game is always fun- we get very intense and competitive). Each team came up with 5 Halloween-related words for the other team to sculpt and guess.
The guys had to sculpt these Halloween words:
Eerie, Jason (point), Omen (point), Buzz Lightyear, and Epitaph
The girls had to sculpt these Halloween words:
Toilet Paper Mummy (point), Ichabod Crane, MacGruber,
Zombie Virus (point), and Hocus Pocus (the game-winning point!)
Looks like the ladies swept the games this year...
The kids played in the basement for most of the party

5 comments:

The Rinkels said...

For some reason, your blog doesn't show as updated on my list. I've been missing out on all of your fun!
Someday, I hope you live close enough to us so we can come crash your Halloween party. It looks like a grea time.

April said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April said...

From one Halloweenie Queenie to another... the party looks like it was a blast! Wish I could have been there! Way to go, Mich!

Gary and Kirsten said...

Looks like the party was a success! I wish I could have been there and played the games. It's great you carried on April's tradition.

DREW and MICHELLE said...

Loved the Whiting Halloween party while we were in IL and it looks like the fun will continue with you guys!