Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Frugal Daughter

Tonight Daphne grabbed her purse and headed over to the door to put her shoes on.

Daphne said, "I'm going shopping."

Mommy said, "Okay, bye."

Daphne said, "I need money."

Daddy pretended to hand her some money and said, "Here's $50."

Daphne said, "I need coupons."

Daddy pretended to handed her some coupons and said, "Hang on to these- they're money-makers."

Daphne passed me on her way out and excitedly said, "I have money-makers!"
I laughed and laughed, and Derrick told me it wasn't that funny. Oh but it was! It was funny because Daphne wasn't willing to go shopping without coupons. It was funny because Derrick was making fun of my "money-maker" deals. It was funny because Daphne was so proud to be taking "money-makers" with her, even though she didn't know what that meant. I get excited over coupons and money-makers, too! That's my girl! I'm a proud mom tonight, bestowing frugality on my 2 year old daughter.

5 comments:

Gary and Kirsten said...

Hurray Daphne! You can work coupons into a math lesson.

Laurel said...

Love it!

suzi said...

Way to go Daphne! I need to learn how to coupon. You and my sister get these amazing deals. What a great example you are to your cute little Daphne! Awesome.

Kaili McKay said...

LOL...seriously laugh out loud, haha. I love it. thats too funny.

Kaili McKay said...

I haven't been on the computer for a couple of weeks now, so I am getting caught up with your blog and I can't stop cracking up! you are the photo master. sorry i am so lame with my blog, i've been so busy :( hopefully that will change soon. Miss you guys!