Monday, February 1, 2010

My Van Just Keeps On Giving

I love my van; we've had it for two years now. I have always thought about how I'd love to have a rear wiper so I could actually see in my rear-view mirror on rainy/snowy days, but I never knew I had one OR where the control was, for that matter. A few days ago, I saw an extra switch by my wiper controls (that I typically can't see because it's tucked under the steering wheel), and I thought, "I wonder..." as I turned it and..... POOF!!! I have a rear wiper!! I can't tell you how much happiness this little wiper has brought me in just a few days. I constantly turn it on so I can have a PERFECTLY CLEAR view behind me.

You may think I could have checked the back window when I first hoped for a rear wiper some time ago, but this lovely thought was never executed when I got out of the van.

So I may be an idiot, but I'm an overjoyed idiot!!

And I'm sure my husband will tell me that he's known it was there all along, and that he uses it frequently.

10 comments:

Derrick M said...

Yes, I knew it was there all along, and I have used it several times in the past. I'm happy for your happiness

The Rinkels said...

YOU ARE SO FUNNY! You're crackin' me up right now.
I'm so happy for you and your "find".

The Hamilton House said...

I am so glad you are able to find joy in the simple things in life!
When is your next trip to WA?

Together We Save said...

It is the small things in life... so glad you are happy.

Laurel said...

Congrats 'overjoyed idiot'. Ahh the small things in life.

Gena said...

That is hilarious Michelle! ...and having the same van, I do think that rear wiper control is in an odd little place to be used. :)

Javidite said...

the simple things that bring such joy.

April said...

ha ha! You are too funny, Michelle! Glad for your happy find! ;)

Gary and Kirsten said...

Are you blonde???!!!
Dad is laughing so hard right now. Did you know that you also have a rear wiper reservoir to hold wiper solution so you can clean your window? If you haven't used it, it is probably empty.
I have to give you credit for being able to put yourself in front of all your friends and admit this.

Serena said...

At least you found it before you sold it! :-)