Video of the kids ready for the dentist
Daphne
Daphne's check-up was in my lap, so I don't have any pictures of it. I leaned back in the chair and Daphne laid down with her head on my shoulder. I thought the Dr. would just look at Daphne's teeth, but she actually cleaned them! Daphne didn't whine or wiggle during the cleaning (about 1 minute) or the inspection. She also got a little bit of fluoride rubbed on her teeth. Then she was excited to get a ladybug toothbrush and princess stickers.

Dayton
Dayton was old enough to get x-rays! He sat very still and calm while they did his x-rays.
Saying "Ahhh" 1) My kids behaved so well; I feel like a good parent when my kids are good! The staff was amazed that this was their first visit. I shouldn't have any trouble getting them to go back in 6 months.
2) The Dr. told me that their teeth look wonderful and to keep up the good work! I'm so glad we regularly brush twice a day.
We rewarded the kids with a trip to Chuck E Cheese. I had 40 tokens that I'd gotten free for Dayton's birthday in October; I was saving them for a special occasion like this one!
Daphne driving with Chuck E Cheese
riding it over and over and over
Daphne spent close to the other 50% of her
time on this Teletubbies ride; she's never
seen the show, but she liked the rotating motion

Dayton spent 80% of his time enjoying the tunnels of tubes overhead and the connected slide, but we convinced him to try a few other rides.
Susie and Dayton on a roller-coaster ride




















6 comments:
You prepared them well for the dentist. I am glad it was a good experience for them. Keep up the good work brushing twice a day.
So the kids actually got to do a real game/ride? You ruined it, now they know you have to put money in them to make them move. We have been getting away with just letting them sit there and look at the screen.
Hey went private on our blog and we wanted to add you to our blog list but we don't have your email address. will you send it to me? steph.javid@gmail.com
Dayton is such a mini Derrick! so cute.
so cute! i hope lucy is as good at the dentist someday. Of course she would need a tooth first. We're working on that.
What a relief huh!? I am dreading the dentist with Emma- I am waiting til after April when we can enroll her on our dental insurance and then she will be going too!
Yay, glad to hear the dentist was a good experience! Jaxon loved looking at the pictures, especially the ones of chuckie cheese...I think he is kinda jealous :) He has been wanting to go forever, so I am using it as a potty reward.
Post a Comment