Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Notes from My Kids

My mom is visiting us here in Chicago. She has been watching the kids and letting Derrick and I get out of the house a lot. My kids have been writing notes to me when I'm away. Here are their notes:

Mommy,
I love you a lot! Sometimes I do bad things to Daphne. I spelled HOT. Sometimes Daphne does bad things in bed. I want to tell you how much I spell Legos.
Love,
Dayton
(The next day, I asked Dayton to tell me about the "bad things"- he said he doesn't share with Daphne, and Daphne wants to wake up before it's time because the kids can't get up until it's 7 am).

Dear Mommy,
How much I love you and do a heart. The heart loves you.
Love,
Dayton

Dear Mommy,
We fought. (Nana took away the pet toys- the kids had one last chance for no fighting and it lasted less than one minute.)
The movie. (She was holding a Leapfrog movie.)
I want a heart. I want to have a button from Mommy.
Love,
Daphne

I L-O-V-E my kids' sweet notes when I'm away from them!!

2 comments:

Gary and Kirsten said...

They were so happy to write to you. I tried to write exactly what they said. I can't wait until they can write it themselves.

Laurel said...

Kids are so funny and brutally honest. Can't wait to get some notes from Rowan.