Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mother's Day

My Mother's Day has been great. Derrick let me sleep in, then he made me french toast, then he let me take a morning nap (I love sleep), and then I took a nice, long shower. Derrick was wonderful at serving me all day today, and he even covered my share of child duties several times.

My kids are finally beginning to make things for me as gifts. I received many hand-made items for this Mother's Day...
Cards, a painted flower pot, a handprint poem,
a necklace, a drying towel, and another card
Dayton and Daphne painted this flower pot together-
Dayton painted green and Daphne painted red
My mom calls some of these items Gummy Lumps, and I say bring them on! I'm thrilled to start receiving items made by my kids' little hands- very precious.

I told my kids that I wanted them to play nice together all day for me today, and they did. They sure know how to make me happy.
I love these two kids
And I love when they play together
(here they're pretending to be dogs in their doghouse)

I think being a mom is the hardest and most important job in the world. I love it.

2 comments:

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

What a great husband and fantastic kids! You are a lucky girl!

Gena said...

I love the 'gummy lumps' - although after heading on over to your mom's blog and seeing that last gift you girls gave her I'm a little grossed out! Ha! I got my first this year - a little picture frame/picture of Avie that she decorated in nursery and I couldn't have been prouder! Getting gifts (or the little notes they wrote you with Grandma) are so sweet. I think I'll always cherish them.